Tuesday 6 February 2018

Lights, camera.....

I've always been described as a shy extrovert.... I can be pretty quiet , I'd like to say reflective and can melt into the background, but, I absolutely love being with people (good job with my job!)
When I was younger I was given the great opportunity of being part of a drama group, we met each week and did various things , mainly panto. At the age of 10 I starred as the main part in amoer goose ....(Priscilla the goose!) no one else wanted the part ...I couldn't understand why ???? 🙈 I progressed through various parts and even got to play Sleeping Beauty (no one else available I'm sure!!)   I just loved being on the stage, the escapism into other worlds and lands, the lights the cameras the audience....to those who enabled me to have these experiences I'm so eternally grateful...but then as we moved and I went to a school where  a northern accent wasn't cool anymore and the only part I was offered was that of Bottom from a midsummers nights dream 😢 My days on the stage were over!!!
But yesterday I had the real privilege of helping chaperone the choir from Daniel's school, they were singing at the young voices concert in the O2. 7891 children in. Achoir in front of 20,000 adults!!! It was absolutely outstanding, the music, the singing the atmosphere was purely electric, the kids behave differently brilliantly, it was a long day and night, we are knackered today but my goodness it was truly wonderful ! I was so proud to play a small part in such a massive experience and hat an experience it was for those children .
And Dan.....he was so so good....he was a bit wobbly in places but grabbed my hand , took a deep breath and carried on..... proud doesn't come close !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment