Tuesday 13 February 2018

Therapy

Today was set to be a full on crazy day with a last minute meeting called this morning , a pancake play party this afternoon and teaching MSM at Bluewater tonight.

instantly the mood of the day slowed right down as I received a phone call early this morning to let me know a dear friend and gentleman I worked with in hoo on our residents association had passed away just minutes before . This happens a lot in my work but This passing knocked me for six. Not only do I class the couple as friends but I've walked this long painful journey of cancer  with them and had only thought yesterday he'd taken a positive turn ... oftern the way !!

But as with life you pick yourself up and keep going .. the hustle and bustle of children playing together and pancakes being eaten soon distracted me but the ultimate healer was the visit from my favourite 4 legged friend (and her owner!) Sometimes  pick me ups come from sources you don't even think of but today for the visit I'm immensely grateful!

So now I take a deep breath have another coffee and prepare for a long night in Bluewater.. grateful tonspecial friends and the gift of friendship !

No comments:

Post a Comment