Monday 26 February 2018

Without walls

this week has been intense....work has been busy with the usual stuff but also 2 very different services to plan prep and deliver and Marc has been poorly too....yes I confess straight away I bailed out of cooking and the kids had McDonald's on Thursday , rubbish mum but it was that or go hungry such is the state of this week !
The stress of the week came to a head today as we had the services, I had the real joy of leading and speaking at a fourth Sunday contemporary service, a service that isn't communion so has less rules than usual, a chance to be creative whilst retaining the laws of the Church of England...a fab opportunity to experiment and do things differently.......but this takes time...time to think and reflect, time to ponder and time to write.....after a week of sleepless nights words went onto paper and a service came to be. It's a while since I've done a service in isolation of anyone...usually there's someone else to lead or speak so I did feel quite vulnerable , I tell a lie, for the first 15 minutes I had Elijah by my side...but after that just me myself and I and the amazing Anne who was my gopher with the microphone. We started the service with "be our guest" from beauty and the beast and went on from there !! I'm not saying the service was perfect or life changing but there were good comments afterwards and thought how great it is to be able to do my own thing in my style, so often I'm jumping into someone else's pattern. Where we are now though is on the cusp of developing something new. As a pioneer I have no building of my own but short the clergy in theirs but we are looking (we=me and Marc) at how we can develop something new without having A building....using our house, going outdoors, visiting cafes, pubs the cinema etc different ways of building community....it's an exciting, terrifying, anxious time ...we hope and pray that we can a place where people feel comfortable to come and go ...watch is space. The world has become very isolated and I feel it's vital that we get back that sense of community...looking out for and after each other, spending time with each other not just out of necessity or through work but do more socially together......anyone want to join us let us know 👍🏻

No comments:

Post a Comment