Monday 25 September 2017

Shine!

A massive apology to you all for going on and on about Shine....all who donated are a proper star and I love your dearly!
I did my first Shine walk in 2014 having just found out I was pregnant with Elijah (but didn't tell anyone in case they stopped me !!) I wanted to achieve a marathon but knew I'd never achieve it running as I have dodgy knees so when I saw friends put on Facebook they were doing the Shine walk I wanted in!!
Cancer is such a git that's hurt and even taken some very dear people close to me in work , family and friends that I felt useless... doing this has been a very tiny way of raising money, showing support, and enduring a little pain in solidarity of those who suffer.

Going through a marathon is an amazing experience from the preparation (which I definitely didn't do enough this time) which made me take time out to not only exercise but to get some fresh air and spend time with lovely folk walking, to the night again spending time with wonderful people. The atmosphere really was electric on Saturday hearing powerful stories, seeing the labels people were wearing in memory of loved ones, but it also is an endurance , for me it definitely wasn't a walk in the park I had to dig deep, I had to find some mental energy and I had to control my constant need to wee !!!

Since yesterday many folk have asked if I'll do it again.....never say never 😜

No comments:

Post a Comment