Friday 6 October 2017

beyond the collar

It's  been another crazy week in the V-K household. After a wonderfully chilled if not high energy weekend away go aping and segewaying for my cousins non hen do I was back in full swing of a busy week, marc was away leading music at a conference for the diocese with mum and dad so I was on juggle duty trying to fulfill my work commitments, the kids and do the own thing I dread ...cook !
It's been a strange week as last week I was buzzing with ideas for new possibilities once weve moved house, things we can do people we can engage with joy of being able to use the house as a community hub...ideas were flying around and again I felt excited about what's to come.

This week though I suddenly feel overwhelmed with the changes that are coming at me from left right and centre things that need to be laid down, things that I need to let go of and that's tough. The hardest part though of this job is the relationships.
Sometimes it can feel that people can't get past the dog collar it becomes like a barrier that stops people in their tracks, it seems people have such ideas of what a priest should be like and let's face it I blow most of some preconceived ideas out of the water 💦
However, when you're busy, tired an emotional wreck it's amazing who steps up to the mark to support and guide you ..those who remember you before the collar...those who see you as a person behind the collar  and those who just know the right thing to say...to my hidden stars  ✨ thank you for putting up with me it is massively appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment