Sunday 17 September 2017

Vikki

The last few weeks have really taken their toll on Marc and I. Some of you know that a friend of ours Vikki passed away very suddenly at just 43 years of age. Vikki was one of the first people we met when we moved into Hoo and she welcomed us into the toddler group ..(especially Marc as I was working ) with open arms. I then had the real privilege of meeting Mark when I was asked to baptise baby Amelia who is now a gorgeous 6 year old, her and Dan went to the same prep school for a while.
Vikki was one of the kindest people I've ever met and always had time to chat, she popped into our cafe church a few times to chat through the "big" questions, we'd bump into her in the Chequers pub and have a chat there, or even passing in the street she'd stop for a chat.
When things like this happen you alway think I really should have made mroe of an effort to meet up, chat A little longer , follow a certain conversation up etc but in the moment you think you've got all the time in the world.
On Thursday I was honoured that Mark entrusted me to take Vikki on her last journey from earth into the heavenly realm in her funeral. I've never seen a crem so overflowing that people couldn't get near but instead listened to the service outside on loud speakers, so much was the love for Vikki. The service of course was a toughy full of emotion and it would  only be fair for others there to comment on it but it felt beautiful. Afterwards we spent a long time at the Chequers chatting to family and friends Sharing stories and releasing balloons.
This week has shown me how special friend s are, how fragile life is and how amazingly supportive some people have been to us... appreciate each moment, love those cLose to you and take care of those who are struggling at this time !
Love and prayer s are with you Mark and Amelia xxx

1 comment: