Thursday 7 May 2015

Home Alone

if you are reading this and you are a single parent, have a partner who works away or grew up in a single parent family hats off to you!

This week Marc and my parents have been away leading a conference, something they have been involved in for several years so I should be used to it. However this time has felt especially hard. On the back of having an absolutely awesome weekend with family and friends I've suddenly felt very vulnerable this week, I think being 36 weeks pregnant has had a massive effect!

I have though, been really blessed by special folk who have text and messaged me each day and even popped over to check that we are ok for which I am extremely grateful.

What I have realised is that A) I am an absolutely rubbish housewife and cook, just getting meals organised has felt like a full time job, yet I haven't given in to the world of the Golden Arches or any other take away and Daniel has eaten every meal!!!

B) I totally and utterly hate my own company, once Daniel is in bed the house is eerily quiet and it feels very strange...Praise the Lord for social media!!!

C) there just aren't enough hours in the day! By the time I've got Dan to school and crammed as much work into those hours he is there it is suddenly 3.15 and time to pick him up.

Tomorrow the cavalry return home and I for one will be excited to see them!

1 comment:

  1. I know to well how you feel. The wife mary and i have not been apart much. But when we have it's been very strange. So i understand. You will get through it alright. All the best paul.

    ReplyDelete