Monday 11 May 2015

Bowled away

Yesterday was a totally crazy day ! I experienced every emotion under the sun.

Yesterday was the last Sunday that I will work for the next 9 1/2 months, I got to,share the day with all 3 different congregations and was bowled over by their Love and care for us as a family. As much as I am feeling ready to step aside from  work commitments due to exhaustion and looking forward to spending time with a new baby and more time with Dan , I'm also feeling slightly unnerved , for when you do a job like this it isn't just a 9-5 job that you leave behind each day it becomes part of your life. The people I work with, serve and minister to have become friends so that's not something you just walk away from. I shall miss the regular contact but will enjoy the extra time to actually spend with friends and loved ones.

What did move me though was the encounter at 7.30 am outside church with a couple sleeping rough. They came into church looking for the toilet and the possibility of a hot drink to warm them up. I was feeling exhausted and anxious about the 3 services to get ready for but remembered suddenly the reading I was about to talk on....Love one another...not love the ones we like, or love the ones like us or love those we want to but Love one another....everyone. This couple needed to be shown love. They stayed for the 8am traditional service and re Ioved communion in tears, it was very moving , they also returned for then10.30 service to show their gratitude to those who had shown kindness to them.nhow easy is it for us in our busy life to ignore what's happening around us and focus on ourselves.

So as I enter the last 6 days before maternity leave, feeling emotional, exhausted and anxious about all that still needs to be done, I'm aware of the need to keep my eyes open to be aware of what's going on around me...but also very excited for this time next week 😜

No comments:

Post a Comment