Monday 4 May 2015

2am!

Well it's another day well technically night! and another wide awake at 2am!!! It's getting to be a regular occurance in this pregnancy and although it would probably be better if I just got up and did something I still have to function for a working week for another 2 weeks.

Things are starting to take their strain now. Tiredness has really kicked in, back aches, stomach is huge and braxton hicks come and go .

This weekend the reality of everything has really sunk in thanks to my wonderful best friend organising a great baby shower! I have to confess that I've never been keen in the idea but it was so lovely to get together with friends and family who could make it, have lots of fun and reflect in what's about to happen.
I'm going through stages of excitement and terror but each day it feels a little closer to meet our new addition. I'm also constantly aware of what a blessing it is for us to be in this position of having a child (yes even at my age ;) )
The next two difficult jobs are to agree on names and then choose Godparents... Another chance for a get together ... Exciting times ahead I just hope nothing happens too soon as Marc and my folks head off to lead a conference tomoro for a week and am not sure how good Daniels delivery skills are !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment