Sunday 17 May 2015

Birthdays

As I get older birthdays take on a different feel....each build up I still get quite excited like a little kid but more and more the magic has somewhat faded. This is partly to do with not wanting to get old, a certain young boy who takes delight in opening the cards a gifts for me and a husband who doesn't always get the sense of occasion.


This year of course has been somewhat over looked due to an imminent little arrival ... Certain foods still off the menu, an inability to drink of fizz and severe LAck of energy has meant today has been very low key. However I am very grateful to my folks sacrificing a few hours to come out to lunch where we were able to eat al fresco thanks to beautiful sunshine ( and enabled Dan to run around the garden!) I'm grateful that I chose to take some leave before maternity kicks in to allow me to be off work today,mandnim very grateful to be healthy enough to see another year in. ( I do think I will stop counting now though!)

So today I am grateful for the many many people who have taken time to send texts, Facebook messages and cards. For those extra special folk who even made me feel special by buying a gift you put a smile on. A hormonal women's face and made Daniel very happy opening them !!

No comments:

Post a Comment