Sunday 8 July 2012

PROUD! (3 Days of contrast!)


I have just haad the most sereal few days possible, from doing my aunty's funeral to a massive family party to help lead a service in aid of cancer research...in the rain!


It really has been a time to reflect on the great wonders and the great sadness of life.

At the funeral my cousins were so composed and dignified and in the way they conducted themselves, the way they had planned the service with me and the way they honoured their mum was a true tribute to them, aunty Chris would have been so proud. The music was emotive with MAke me a channel of your peace to JLS singing about being "Proud" ( if you havent heard it you tube it its a real tear jerker!!) It really was an honour to be able to lead my family in this very important sacrament and i hope in turn I did them proud.



From the funeral I then had to go up to Lancaster to help celebrate my in laws 40th wedding anniversary and my niece's 21st birthday. I have to confess that switching emotions was really very difficult but just to have a cuddle with my baby made it all worth while... The party was a real success with such hard work from my sister in law and MArc the band played the night away and I realised again how emotive music can be, Marc (hubby), Emily (niece) and the rest of the band made me so proud of my extended family and recogise what a talented bunch they are. Going from the sadness of the funeral to the joy of the party was hard but just what was needed!


( Marc and Daniel Guitaring!)


Today has again been a morning of being proud...I have assisted with an outdoor service at Deangate ridge to celebrate the relay for life 24 hour walk in aid of cancer research. I there had to give a testimony of my Aunty Chris....which was almost as emotional as doing her funeral but as I was speaking I could see passing in front of me so many people wearing survivor t shirts or t shirts in memory for someone, but what really moved me was a lady carrying a candle bag with teh picture of a young boy on it. Such a sad image but the people there, walking in the pouring rain havign ahd next to no sleep wanting to show the world how proud they are of their friends and family, how much th ey want to help find a cure and how they just want to spend time amongst others who have been through a similar experience. It makes me proud to be part of a world where people still do actually care about others.





No comments:

Post a Comment