Monday 2 July 2012

Busyness and Baptisms


Yesterday was a crazy day, I know Sundays are meant to be our "real" working day in some peoples eyes but yesterday was exceptionally busy. After a few early wake up calls thanks to a toilet training toddler i was feeling especially tired and weary and not particularly feelign the Sunday joy I have to confess. However as always God is great in all things and managed to give me the energy and sparkle I needed to do 8am and 10.30am....from then I had to dash back to Hoo to cover a baptism for a family that actually know Marc and Daniel, (The mum runs one of the village toddler groups) The contact so far has been really good, a great pre visit, several inbetween email conversations and then we came to the day. It was so nice to see a little girl so happy even at one clapping and smiling as I spoke and even when I soaked her! The family and friends seemed to engage in what was happening and it was lovely to see one of my air cadets there as a guest.

After the service a few kind people thanked us and we were invited back to the party. As Marc and Dan knew the family we thought it a good opportunity to pop by and share in the celebrations....Now, not to blow my own trumpet but the feed back and encouragement I received wsa astounding, people seemed genuinely pleased, excited and surprised at how much they enjoyed a church service. ( They even asked Marc if they would be able to request me for other services which may upset the vicar!!)

The last week has been hard going and I have put a lot of time and energy into this baptism, not just because it was a family we had a connection with but because it was a service independant of anyother with many non Christians and I wanted it to be the best experience they had ever had of church. Yesterday proved to me that putting in the preparation is definately worth it, being myself and trusting my instincts does pay off and no matter what else is going on God can work within us mightily!!

No comments:

Post a Comment