Friday 4 August 2017

Bucket Lists

Im not sure when the notion of a bucket list came into my mind but over the last few years I've begun to name key things I'd like to do, see, achieve amongst the busyness of life.... the list includes things that are hopefully achieveable and some which aren't but are pipe dreams.... so aft they've been pretty shallow things like seeing Kylie ✅and Take That ✅ is also like to see Cold play And U2 but they are proving tricky... amongst other things are to swim with dolphins, see the northern lights and attend a school reunion ✅ but top of the list was definitely to climb a mountain ✅

Last week thanks to my fairygodPEteacher who I've stayed in touch with we managed to arrange (eventually) a day to climb Helvelyn in the Lake District... climbing a mountain is on Marc s bucket list too but unfortunately we couldn't find child care so he sacrificed his space to enable me to go. (Don't worry I'm hoping my dear friend will agree to take me again but both this time in the

future )
There is something really really exhilarating about achieving a goal of specially a physical challenge....I can't deny that at points I struggled and needed my beloved blue puffer a few times and also needed a lot of emergency first aid, not on myself but my boots that disintegrated (berghaus have offered a 30% discount on a new pair!) but to reach the summit, see the views and meet people from across the world..and their dogs ! It really was amazing...what a wonderful creator we have !
One week on I'm still buzzing from it and keen to go again though living in Kent makes it some what more tricky...
                        
So now I'm on the look out for new adventures for my bucket list....any suggestions greatly received !

No comments:

Post a Comment