Sunday 3 July 2016

Weekend !

"Weekend" is a strange phenomenon when you work for the church as we only get one day of a week and Sunday's are obviously a working day.
Throw in to the mix a husband who is on 2 bands and gigs Friday and / or Saturday nights and weekends are obsolete !!
Well this weekend was no different yet very different..   For one Marc had a gig free weekend and 2 I had the chance to go down to Capel Le Fern to support my air cadets....killing 2 birds with 1 stone we decided to go down to Mum and dads house in Deal Friday night until tonight.
Just being in a different place (the fact it's near the beach helps!) makes such a difference to my psyche I instantly began to unwind.
I can't say it was perfect, the boys went to sleep late , Elijah woke several times and they both woke again early each morning but it was just precious having concentrated time just to be.....to go for a walk along the prom, to watch Daniel desperately want to be out on his bike, to join in playing with the neighbours kids, to sit and eat chips on the beach and to be amongst loads of air cadets, veterans and see a spitfire and hurricane fly over our heads. I just love being a pioneer where I can spend Sunday's in a field at the car boot, with my cadets or anywhere else I'm needed..and I'm hoping more of these opportunities will be possible form Septemebr ..(watch this space!!)

Life is so fast these days but taking time just to appreciate the little things is priceless !

2 comments:

  1. Each weekend get a new opportunity! a stay with family!

    Wishing you great days stay happy! from deals

    XOXO!
    Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for share with me,such a lovely days was my!



    Landcaping

    Thanks,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete