Sunday 10 November 2013

Emotions

Today has been a bit of a strange day...in fact not just today the last few days really.

Daniel has been unwell all week and it has taken its toll on us, sleep less nights, trying to get essential stuff done whilst deciding to put other stuff on hold but today could not be put off today I was dreading with all my might!

Today as well as being Remembrance Sunday is also the one Sunday Marc leads the music part of our worship at one of the churches and also the day our vicar was away celebrating the dedication of his grandson along with his wife (who usually looks after Daniel while Marc rehearses and during the service). So the pressure was on before we even woke up this morning.

Marc and Dan went off to rehearse whilst I went off to preach and preside communion in Upnor. I have to say I was moved almost to tears, the church was pretty much full of men and women who served on the Arethusa, men and women come to pay there respects and remember. It was a delight to preach and administer communion to these wonderful people.
Unfortunately with the set up of our parish we had to dash straight off in order to do an All Age Worship Remembrance service. I have to say it is so hard getting this right....trying to make sure it engages all ages without making it irreverent and loosing the remembrance aspect.
The church was full and as we launched forth immediately there was a problem, no heating and no sound! It was a real battle and eventually we got a hand held mic working.
Again I was moved to tears seeing the uniformed children bringing their poppies, having Daniel sit with me ( still clingy after being ill) and wanting to pray for the soldiers, seeing those men and women wearing medals of honour of wars fought long ago. And then I turned around and saw a whole family sat together a family of a lady who has been battling cancer so bravely still smiling, still entertaining her grand children and still in church.


I have moaned, I have been grumpy and I have sulked this week..Yet today I have seen people put me to shame..our church seems to be experiencing a lot of suffering at the moment and for those we can but pray God's love and peace upon them.

A stressful day has brought me to my knees....we are blessed to be surrounded be true heroes...

LEST WE FORGET!

No comments:

Post a Comment