Monday 2 September 2013

Super Sundays!!

Today I feel absolutely exhausted!!

Yesterday we had our penultimate car boot fair. If anyone out there is keep a track of me you will recall me mentioning that we have been taking a stall to the Greenfields site in Gillingham and Wainscott with a team over the last couple of months as a trial to see if people are interested in exploring Spirituality, Faith etc...

Yesterday as seems to be the trend started off really slowly, I felt tired as had woken up in the dark ( winter is drawing ever closer ;) ) and it felt like forever before the seekers came. But came they did! In fact we were still there at 1pm as a few people just wanted to chat.

Just a couple of stories to share...one lady chose a verse from the 23rd Psalm and burst into tears, 4 members of her family this year had been diagnosed with cancer and her mother had also died. The verse really spoke to her and she took it away to read and bring her comfort. She also left a footprint in the sand tray with names of people on for us to pray for.

Another couple came who were really intruiged, they confessed to not really having any beliefs specifically but did believe in a greater being. the couple were a same sex couple and spent a long time pouring out to me how hurt they had been by their family not accepting them for who they are, for using religion as a reason not to allow them to see their nephews and nieces and feeling quite angry that 2 people who were good citizens did a lot for the community were committed to each other and were honest to the core could be treated so badly by their own  Christian family.

What would Jesus say? I truly believe Jesus would want these lovely ladies to know that they were totally loved and should be treated that way.
No matter what we may believe or feel I can not understand how a human being can mistreat another in such an offensive way..it pains me to hear of people's suffering. The ladies did some Psalm readings of which verses about being oppressed came up and they asked me to make them prayer bracelets each.

I don't know what goes on with people after we have encountered them, what I do know is that their stories, their emotions stay in my mind and all I can do is pray for them and their situations.

Next Sunday is the last car boot of the season and I am so going to miss it, in such a short space of time I feel like I have found a place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment