Tuesday 9 April 2013


Work, rest and play

This last week has been a real mixture of work, rest and play...after a very manic, exciting, exhausting and envigorating Easter weekend of services and celebrations I managed to collect a rather nasty chest infection resulting in ke just about making it through all the services I was leading but then hit the ground hard with coughing all night and sleeping very little...not the best start to our time off..

However despite being ill and exhausted we managed to have a really lovely time away at our parents caravan...we toured the local castles of Dover, Deal and Walmer and as many Costa coffee shops as we could possibly find...purely to drink soya lattes to enable us to thaw out from the -2 degree temperatures !



Daniel also enjoyed going swimming every day and dancing the night away at Sparky's Crew club and even had his first ever street dance class !


Being away really gives you the chance to take stock of life and reflect on things. I really do love my job, love the people I get to meet and spend time with in the name of work... But I trully love my family...despite disturbed nights sleep, mountains of ironing, eating battles  and the other joys of having a toddler I do feel truly blessed to be here right now with my wonderful family


No comments:

Post a Comment