Saturday 20 April 2013

HAPPY IN HOO

This last few weeks have been manic....we had a residential weekend away last weekend in Aylesford Priory for a course Marc and I are on...we took Daniel with us as Grandma was teaching on the course too and so Grandad also came along  to have Dan during the sessions....it was an awesome weekend of learning and reflection but also slightly exhausting worrying about Daniel as he didn't eat much all weekend and struggled to get to sleep at night....but he left that place saying it was "So Great!" and asking when he could return....that boy would totally thrive living in community!!

Then, we came straight back into Bishop's visitation week...a week where the Bishop travels around the deanery...in our case Strood, and looks at all the different things we do, talks to the clergy and local community where given the opportunity to discover what issues there are. 
Unfortunately the Bishop was unable to visit some of the  things I am personally involved in but I did get a chance to present my work, the things and projects I am involved in and the things I am really passionate about. I found myself becoming really passionate and excited about    the place in which we live. I just totally love the Peninsula and Hoo specifically!

Since leaving the North West I don't think I have really ever felt so much community spirit....you can go out just for a walk and people stop and chat whether you know them or not, you have a coffee in Taggs and conversations naturally start... in spite of wearing a dog collar....and we find ourselves involved in some amazing things with some wonderful people....this makes me happy!

My only anxiety is the future...the unknown....can I sell to the Bish the amazing work that is here on the Peninsula...can we sell our case to the powers that be that 4 years is just not enough time to develop stuff....who knows...but for now I am so happy to be here!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment