Tuesday 30 April 2013

Home Alone!

Today is the first day of  a 4 day marathon...

My wonderful family, Husband and parents have gone off to lead a conference for a few days leaving me and Daniel home alone!  As time off and holidays are so precious I have decided to try and juggle work, Daniel and survival all in one !

I think I must be mad but so far things have been ok, Daniel is at pre school now so that gives me a few hours to cram work in and evenings are free to work solidly whilst he sleeps so how is it going..

Well so far so good, we have had just one melt down when I had an unexpected meeting during toddlers, Daniel afterwards told me he didnt like me talking when I was there to play with him!! ( lesson learnt!) I have managed to cook a home made healthy ish dinner that was eaten and finished with an ice cream treat!! ( dairy free) Daniel went to bed and so far I have finished a sermon and a funeral, a reference for a dear friend and cleared a ridiculous number of emails...

But I am shattered...I can cope because i know in 4 days time the cavalry will be back and the pressure will be shared yet again.

So, how do single parents do it? My hat yet again is taken off to those people who day in day out have to cope on their own with EVERYTHING. It is so easy to take advantage, forget to appreciate the things we have in our lives, until they are gone, even if it is only temporarily!

I am so grateful for what I have been blessed with and never again will I take any of it for granted...

so til Friday....I may look even more haggered than usual, I may be seen running around, driving around more than usual, I may even forget many things...I just hope and pray that the week will be one of blessing and not stress for Daniel more than anyone ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment