Tuesday 30 October 2018

God is Good!

This job is just amazingly extreme....I've gone from standing in a freezing cold play ground keeping vigil for parents and children after the sudden death of a teacher to being commissioned and anointed by the actual Archbishop of Canterbury this evening !!!
today in a meeting , my line manager asked what parts of my role do I enjoy....and genuinely I said all of it! Yes it's exhausting , all encompassing, frustrating at times but I genuinely love it...because I love being with people , normal every day people. 
I know I'm blessed (before I get shot down ) that I have no building , PCC committee , accounts to balance..and at times the lack of a meeting space, the total lack of a budget and no lack of a support/ responsibility board is frustrating  but the freedom of being able to engage in people's lives at the happiest and saddest and all the times in between and drink lots of tea and coffee and count it as work  is truly wonderful ! 

The last few weeks have felt a bit uncertain for many reasons but being anointed by the arch bishop was a real turning point for me and what better blessing than to have my mum and dad sat there to see it ! ...God is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment