Thursday 15 March 2018

Goodbyes

ive never been good at saying goodbye..it seems so final and to be honest I just don't like things to end.
Today I had to say goodbye to a friend....another from Hoo that's 2 in 6 months and I have to tell you it's tough! People come in to your life and for no other reason than they are genuinely lovely nice people...Ray was one of those guys...always thinking of others, trying to sort things out for the common good .
When Ray came to me 2 years ago asking if I'd do his funeral when the time came I didn't know whether to laugh it off and say that s a long way off yet... or graciously accept that this was something we needed to talk about....we did the latter !!! All Ray wanted was for today to be helpful to his wife Babs....we wasn't too worried about music...no hymns though but wanted to make sure we looked after Babs and it helped her most....I'm praying that was achieved is afternoon!
It's always so hard doing a friends funeral and seeing people you know so sad...but it's also a comfort having them there as a support ..offering a hug or two afterwards.....for that I'm very grateful....without it not sure I would have been able to drive myself home ....
Saying goodbye seems so final, yet as a Christian I have the trust and faith that it's  not final, it's  not goodbye it's aurevoir for one day we will meet again
So Ray...aurevoir ..until we meet again x

No comments:

Post a Comment