Monday 12 March 2018

Birthday boy

8 years ago almost to the moment I didn't feel quite as I should...something was happening (don't panic I won't go into  the details !)
After a very brief  panicked trip to the hospital we were back home until 10am the next day....most of those previous hours spent in the bath trying to keep calm.
Weirdly 8 years later I remember every little detail of Daniels journey into the world, I can't remember what I had for tea yesterday but that is vivid in my mind !
When I think about time 8 years doesn't seem so long...I've been ordained 7 years and that's flown by yet in another breath it feels like Daniel has always been with us.....it's hard to remember life without children and I of course wouldn't want to ...despite the sleepless nights ...still!
Despite the challenges we have and will face Dan is turning into a very lovely and thoughtful young man...,today we had his party (beavers tomorrow!) and he was in total turmoil over who to invite as could only have 15 ..... there were reasons why he chose each person and heart ache when he realised he'd only chosen school friends ...given half a chance he'd invite every child he knows !
In another 8 years we will be heading towards Dan doing GCSEs or whatever the government has decided to test our kids with and that's a terrifying thought!

Time is valuable tomorrow I intend to enjoy every moment in the crazy business of the day....appreciate the day, appreciate the celebrations and appreciate the 8 years of my wonderful sons life !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment