Monday 6 March 2017

Treasure

The last few days have been stressful to say the least!
Last Wednesday night/Thursday morning we were woken  by Elijah crying...not unusual but this time the cry sounded different. I shot out of bed, realised he was boiling hot and stripped him down. Unfortunately not quick enough because he then began to have a convulsion. I've seen these before several times but nothing could've prepared me for that experience, still holding onto Elijah for dear life I called 999 and very quickly help was on its way. After a long stint in A and E we were finally released diagnosed with having a febrile convulsion due to a very high temperature (over 40 degrees) and still awaiting to find out what caused that. The last few days have been a bit of a blur as I reflect on what happened and how scared I felt after the event.  Every moment I treasure the blessings I have been given, life is fragile.
Today I attended the funeral of a most humble and caring lady, the daughter of an amazing couple from our church leaving behind her very courageous 14 year old son who was able to stand up in front of a full cathedral and share a reading.
We can't predict what will happen or when but this week has taught me to treasure every moment, everything we have every one that we love, that's in our family, our friends , life is just too short and too unpredictable ....

Treasure all you have dear friends xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment