Sunday 15 January 2017

Perspective

this morning I woke up feeling dreadful, sore throat and very tired; was woken a few times in the night by the littlest with his asthma and cough and slept a second night "sleeping" with him on my shoulder.
The last thing I felt capable of doing was leading worship and preaching coherently ..but that was the task in hand.
As always I had a really blessed time in Upnor the small but perfectly formed congregation are always so lovely, kind and friendly and gracious too. After leading their service I then hot footed it too Frindsbury , again feeling inadequate and praying that God could make sense out of my words. Both churches were particularly cold today so shivering. Aside we got through a nd again everyone was very gracious and soem even complementary of my words. As I got to the car to take a friend home we were greeted by a little dog and no owner...I vaguely recognised said dog and managed to pick him up shivering and soaked from the deluge and take him home....to find two paramedics and his own collapsed on the floor ...the clever dog I'm sure had come To find help .
Dog returned and friend delivered I return home locked out as hubby had taken the boys out (they did church yesterday !)  on return marc was fuming as a car had zoomed passed them flicked a stone up and cracked the windscreen ...deep joy.

This afternoon Dan had choir practise for the children's choir and so we trundled back to Frindsbury, we'd literally just got through the door when a lady looking frozen appeared in search of warmth and food, she had run out of money, had no food or heating, her partner is in hospital with late stage cancer and her children staying with her mother ... After a long conversation various things were put in place, we got her warm and gave her some food and temporarily sorted her out u til tomorrow when we can get professional assistance.

2 things today happened that made me stop and think how blessed I am, I don't live alone so God forbid if anything happened to me someone would be there or find me, I've got a roof over my head food in the cupboards and people I can talk to .
What's the world coming to when people are walking the streets looking for someone To talk to, in need of a cup of tea and no one to provide it.
The art of community is lost and I really feel we need to inject it back.

Tonight I will go to sleep thankful that I'm fed, watered and warm...and if Elijah wakes I will cuddle him extra hard , because I can.

Take care of yourself  and especially their around you xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment