Thursday 19 January 2017

F & F

It's been a strange old week so far, I'm beyond exhausted what with the littlest VK having a bad chest over the weekend and waking in the night coughing himself silly to Marc being ill at the beginning of the week meaning I've had to juggle work, kids and even cooking (let it be known Daniel was VERY impressed with my chicken fajitas and homemade dairy free pizzas!). Having disturbed sleep has clearly made me an emotional wreck but this week especially I've really begun to miss friendships... In fact that's a lie this has been brewing for a while, maybe it's old age heading for the dreaded BIG birthday... Maybe it's social media and seeing people and what they are up to...whatever it is I've really been missing my friendships. Life is so busy and I think it is vital to make time for friends whenever you can whether they live down the road, in the next town or hundreds of miles away. Friends are so important to our lives and our lives are ever so much richer for them. There's something so special about being able to pop out for a coffee or something stronger with a friend, to text someone who gets you and to see someone who's known you for years and receive a hug. I'm so grateful to all the friends I have , but I truly do miss those of you I don't get to see . And so I'm not ashamed to say I've been feeling a bit down about it all
And then...
Last night I had a lovely chat with one of my oldest friends that made me feel so loved and even though the missing is still there being connected by social media helps.
This week has also been rubbish for some dear friends here and I won't go into details as its not fair for them but life can be really really poo at times but
As I bathed the boys tonight I was left thinking WOW I made these kids, they have their moments (don't we all) but they are so amazingly awesome individual and especially together I am truly blessed.. So tonight I'm taking each moment each blessing and each God given opportunity to seized life, take every option given and appreciate every person that comes my way....life is unpredictable so embrace it but please make those close to you know just how much they mean to you ...it may just be the thing they need to hear today x

(F & F ...Friends and Family)

No comments:

Post a Comment