Friday 26 September 2014

shine!

And so it is nearly upon us.... After months of prep ( or realistically weeks!) fundraising, new gear to wear and lots and lots of panicking tomorrow sees many of us decend upon London for the Shine marathon in aid of Cancer Research!

I'm actually sat here feeling slightly excited yet totally terrified, I'm hardly the fittest person so what posesed me to do such a thing.... Walking 26.6 miles plus starting awake all night!

Well the truth is I've witnessed a horrible few years of seeing truly wonderful people of all ages battle the horrendous disease that is Cancer! As I've sat alongside people in homes and hospital eventually it can seem like cancer is out of control and while I can pray with earnest for healing and cures I wanted to do something more. So after several discussions a group  of us decided to go for it. No amount of tiredness, pain or blisters is anything compared to the heroic ism of those I've seen battle these past years some still doing so, some through the other side and some unfortunately not .

Tomorrow I will a Shine for my Aunty Chris, for Cindy Phelps for Stella Clifford and for Karen Collison angels shining brightly in the sky. I will also be fighting for Jackie Baldwin, Jen O Brien, Lindsey Purcell, Elwyn Nicholl , Ceinwin and James Cross fighting right now and for Stuart Charlesworth (Charlie) and Colin Thomas (Tom) survivors :)

Pioneering gets me into some interesting places and this is the most challenging yet honouring!

No comments:

Post a Comment