Thursday 18 September 2014

Fragility

I suddenly realised a few minutes ago I've not shared anything for a few weeks...life has been chaotic without a day of for a few weeks, lots of pastoral issues, training for the Shine marathon and getting used to school routines!

The last few weeks have really enhanced my understanding of how precious life is and who supports us during those fragile times. Part of the reason for me doing this mad Shine marathon challenge is because I feel helpless, so many people are being torn apart by cancer and life changing events I just had to do something.
Being a priest is such a privilege, being asked to walk alongside people in joy and in sorrow is an immense honour! spending time with people is what I love best, yet when the Chips are down it's also a very lonely job, you can be seen as a central figure and so everything is channelled at you. During these difficult times it's been amazing where my support has come from, people who will send a text just because, people who will sit and listen and people I haven't seen for 20+ years but are at the end of social media willing to let me rant!
No matter who we are we all need confidants, we all need people to talk to and we all need a hug now and again ( real and virtual!)
These past weeks have been tough but we pick ourselves up, carry on and am grateful to all who walk this crazy journey of life with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment