Saturday 9 March 2013

Chicken Pox!

Spotty Maldoone!!

Well the inevitable has happened...Daniel has come out in chicken pox and just like his neice he has impeccable timing, he has missed the birthday party of a dear family we were in hospital with, we have had to postpone his own birthday party and no going out for mother's day outing! Oh yes, and I was due to be away with my curate training this weekend.

And so the collide of work, life balance comes into play yest again....the guilt of needing to be away to study with needing to be at home with my son...
After much discussion, reflection and contemplation Marc and I decided I should go over night and see how Daniel is so at least I could find out a bit about church law, show willing and get the notes I may miss if I come home.
So last night we drove in a flood all the way to Aylesford Priory, I checked into a cell like room a mile from the toilet and bathroom yet met my lovely fellow curates to learn about church law in all its fullness.

I did manage to stay the night, get through my morning lectures and then it became too much, I needed to get  back to Daniel who hadn't slept very well and just needed his mummy.

As guilty as I felt about leaving Aylesford early missing a lot of work and fellowship it wasn't anything in comparison to the feeling of guilt leaving a very poorly chicken poxy boy at home even though I knew he was in his dad's capable hands!
All I could think about was when he is older he will be saying to me...mummy when I was really poorly with the chicken pox you weren't there but you were at work! ( dramatic maybe but I can't risk that!)

So tonight I am sat in the warmth of my home having had a lovely relaxing bath a lot of snuggles on the sofa with Daniel and put him to bed...Yes I do still feel a little guilty of what I am missing but I feel that my priority this weekend is my son and with the decision I made I am happy...and just pray tonight he has a good undisturbed sleep and feels less agitated tomorrow! After all tomorrow is Mother's Day...where else would I want to be?




No comments:

Post a Comment