Monday 4 March 2013

Busyness of life

It has been a while since being able to put letters to paper as life has just been so busy! in the last weeks I have done or been involved in a wedding, a wedding blessing, 3 funerals, 2 baptisms endless services, 2 marriage preparation courses and a wedding fayre! In addition to this is the usual toddler groups, visits, admin and trying to spend time with the family!

Life at times can seem chaotic and overwhelming but it is at these times that it is necessary to take a moment to breathe, look around and be grateful for what you have.

At the end of February my sister was due to go away for the weekend with her husband for her 40th birthday...a romantic weekend in a very classy to[p hotel in London with fine wine exclusive dinners, a trip to the ice bar and lots of other fun activities my brother in law had planned. Unfortunately as they arrived in Kent to drop our niece off, our 2 year old niece came out with chicken pox! It seemed that things would still go ahead until the moment they were due to get the train she took a turn for the worst and they just couldn't leave her. A long awaited trip, a break was put on hold and instead of the excitement of London they had a weekend confined tot he house in Kent!
This was obviously upsetting for my sister but we did all we could to try and make the most of this, afternoon tea with champagne was created for them, we had a wine tasting evening and cocktails. It wasn't the 5 star hotel experience they wanted but it was the best of  an unfortuate situation.
Selfishly I have to say it was a truly blessed weekend, we got to spend time as an extended family ( where work permitted for me!) that we hadn't anticipated and to appreciate the joys around us that we had each other.

I think life can so easily be taken for granted, we can plan, prepare and know how we want things to go but then something happens to knock us off course and we have to re asses.

This week I am determined to enjoy everything I have, to not take anything for granted and to show those around me how much I appreciate them!

No comments:

Post a Comment