Monday 24 September 2012

Feet havent touched the floor!


The last few months have been absolutely busy as can be....but in a really great way...there has been so much going on it has been impossible to stop for very long at all....I have been trying to blog about so many things but instead have been experiencing all sorts...which in a way is good right?

The Paraolympic games for one were awesome, I can't find words to describe what a day we had...from start to finish we felt part of something really special and all had such a fun filled exhausting but inspiring day...I did say at lunch it felt like the best Greenbelt style of festival ever without the rain and Jesus...but actually everywhere you looked ( as my wonderful friend Rosemary reminded me) Jesus was very much there....you could see him in the beauty of the buildings, the English gardens the caring and friendly games makers, the visitors from all over the globe and especially the amazing heroes who were the athletes...who have over come some horrendous experiences to be the best they can be at their sport...truly inspiring! It made me think as i have had time to reflect, how absolutely amazing God is in his creation.

And from that I was then straight into my Ordination retreat to the priesthood...I had 4 days away ( something I hate) to spend in silent contemplation...the silence was sooo hard and I really did struggle and did flounder at times...but it was a great time to really contemplate the calling upon my life that actually felt ( and still does feel) like an amazing privilege that I often don't feel worthy of serving God's people. See previous Blog!!!

Since that amazing weeekdn I have had the pleasure of sharing communion at 3 different churches, of praying with people who have had the most horrendous experiences anyone can ever dream of and have spent time planning a couple of new ventures....very exciting ( watch this space!!)

These last few weeks have still been ridiculously busy but I am trying to take time to remember the importance of spending quality time with people and especially with Marc and Daniel!

No comments:

Post a Comment