Thursday 27 October 2022

Social media

What did we do before social media ? We would hear about peoples holidays from conversations or photos after the events, we would pick up the phone and check in with someone or we would live our lives complete oblivious to what was going on around us ! Sometimes I wonder if that was better for us 

Don’t get me wrong I love social media .. it helps me keep connected with people all over the country and the world and it’s a great comfort and support on dark lonely nights …but  I also hate the telephone with a passion so it gives  me an outlet to communicate without the telephone phobia !!!

But it is so hard sometimes , when life is difficult and not perfect seeing so many happy families , happy holidays trips and days out , people getting on with life that I took for granted  I’m happy for them but it does make me sad. 

This isn’t a sympathy blog but an “I get it “ blog ! 

If you see posts on social media and they make you feel sad , I get it , if you see photos of friends and feel lonely , I get it , if you read a post or see an opportunity missed I get it .. we never quite know what someone is coping with  but this life we are in is tough .. I get it ..  and if anyone feels sad, lonely, left out send me a message and we can be sad together , we can arrange a drink even if it’s on zoom , don’t suffer in silence because silence can be tough ! Thank you to all who have supported me this week and helped me juggle the next few days ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment