Thursday 15 July 2021

Dealing with the interruptions

 This week I’ve been writing a sermon about how we deal with interruptions in our plans .. when life throws a curve ball , not necessarily the major life changing things but also the little nibbles that disrupt our flow of what we were doing ( to see how it fits in a sermon you’ll have to tune in to St Nicholas STROOD you tube channel on Sunday !!!)

Seriously though not even half an hour after writing and I had a coffee cancellation … yes it’s just coffee but it was with my bestie who I haven’t seen for a while an since was really looking forward to a chat to just be me .  The. Throughout the week various things have happened that have changed plans , car failing it’s mot so no car for a few days change of plans again , internet not connected for yet another two weeks so missed a really important zoom course I was a looking forward to as well as several other meetings, Elijah nearly missing his optician app because Dan was later back from his school trip … 


So by this point … late on Thursday night I can’t sleep and I’m proper stressed … my saint of a brother in law comes over and gives us an internet back up … dad comes up and helps out with lifts , and so it goes on . And yes I still feel stressed but I’m remembering the words I’ve written this week and can now see the blessings that I have seen this week … the conversations I did have , the people I have seen , the time I’ve spent playing in the garden with the boys because there was no internet , the book I’m reading because I couldn’t waste time on Netflix /tv, the extra time I’ve gained with family .

It is really helpful and comforting having plans and knowing what’s going to happen and that’s very important (especially when you have an autistic son !) but life isn’t neat and tidy and sometimes , just sometimes the curve balls contain different but sometimes positive outcomes in places we didn’t expect it . 

I’m waffling on but to those of you who have been there in this hard week hopefully you know how much I love and appreciate you … and yes I’m going to get and practise what I preach 🙈

No comments:

Post a Comment