Friday 7 May 2021

Sparkle and Shine ???



I heard a radio report  the other day  that was discussing what people’s least favourite word is ...( moist was the most common out of interest!)  and then A friend told me today that their most  favourite word is “sparkle “ we often focus on the negatives rather than the positives where is the news report on the worlds nicest word ??? 
But in that conversation  it took me to this blog and I told them that I had a blog called sparkle and shine but there hadn’t been much to sparkle or shine about in the last few months ... 
and that got me thinking, which is why I’m here writing this tonight .. I’m usually a glass is half full person not half empty.. there’s always sparkle somewhere so tonight I’m finding the sparkle ... I may need some help so feel free to let me know of your sparkle moments this week.
This week I saw some gorgeous flowers , sparkle in creation called “Apparently honest “ a beautiful coloured pinky purple cluster .
Today I had coffee with a  head teacher who has Become a dear friend , his kind heart and wise words sparkled.
This afternoon after conducting a funeral , the first in a long long time , I had a meeting with a friend and colleague who reassured me when I was stressing about my unfinished talk for Sunday and reminded me of the importance Of sparkling.
And this evening I had my usual evening cuddle with not one but two beautiful resilient freshly hair cut boys who both uttered the “I love you mummy “ words ... a true sparkly moment ! 
This week I’m going to try hard to seek out the sparkle and try and bring my shine back !!!

1 comment:

  1. Sparkle.watching birds feed in the garden, and the flowers sparkle in the rain.
    An afternoon with grandchildren.
    The realisation still, that I have retired.

    ReplyDelete