Wednesday 23 March 2016

Holy week

this week has been long ...and it's still only Wednesday , however it has been awesome ! We've seen 3 of our 4 schools bringing children to experience the Easter story through story, craft and deep reflection that you would not believe in 7 year olds! We've laughed together, needed together and shared cake together... I've talked so much I've pretty much lost my voice ( though that could be as a result of an awesome concert in Sunday ..but that's another story!) yet still the day went on, we had the privilege of doing assembly at Dan's school again thinking about the wonder of Easter. And yet again it was amazing to hear responses from kids so small of what happens in different parts of the story (even when no response was asked for..you've got a love kids!) and my own son even came home saying he'd actually learnt something new about the Easter story...result !

And so with little to no voice, a full on cold and sore chest, a 4 day marathon in front of me tonight I just wanted to curl up under the duvet...but a wise woman at church said today "I was reminded of Jesus speaking to the disciples when they fell asleep saying to them could you not even stay awake for me" so in my tiredness we shared evening prayer just a handful of us in a dim light church in front of the cross.. A chance to reflect a chance to pray for our broken world and those suffering in it and a chance to be. I'm still exhausted but emotionally feel ready to take on the Easter journey....

For you I pray that whatever this extra long weekend holds you will be totally blessed and know that you are loved xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment