Friday 25 December 2015

Christmas with a difference part 2

well Christmas Day has nearly ended but as I reminded Dan who felt a little,sad at bedtime, Christmas is 12 days and this is just the beginning!
Today has been very different,mImwas cooked breakfast without having to rush out, Daniel was able to take time opening his pressies and enjoy each one. We were able to head over to mum and dads and greet them at the cathedral as they finished their service ( Dan in full Indiana Jones costume including whip!!!). We had a relaxed buffet style lunch including Spanish tapas starters and again took time opening pressies and just enjoying each other's company.

It has also been different though because dear friends and family haven't had such a great day, one of my best friends grab was rushed to hospital this morning following a stroke, my uncles wife Is awaiting an operation tomorrow morning following a collapsed lung leaving my 12 year old cousin without his mum and my sister in law has spent Christmas Day bailing out her kitchen which again has been flooded in Lancaster!

Today again has made me really grateful for life, for the wonderful family I'm blessed with with all our quirks....for the dear friends who have texted and taken time out to wish us a Merry Christmas and for a faith and hope in something that is much greater than any physical present I could have been brought ...

Tonight I shall be praying for those who are poorly, those flooded and those lonely....Merry Christmas wonderful wonderful people xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment