Tuesday 17 March 2015

Celebrations!

It's only Tuesday and yet it feels like it should already be Friday ! Why do I feel to exhausted? Well it's been a really really full on few days...the weekend began on Friday morning where I was pleasantly woken up by a little boy literally beaming from ear to ear declaring that it was his birthday...and that was the  setting for the next few days, for my boys do t just celebrate birthdays for one day but a whole weekend! Daniel was especially excited that his birthday fell this year on Red Nose Day (comic relief) and so got to wear his own clothes for the day at school.  We celebrated with grandma and grandad  on Friday at Pizza Express and later on I with cake (Star Wars of course!) and went on to celebrate with friends on Saturday taking 17 children aged between 2-11 bowling. The kids were fab at getting along considering they were a mix from home, school and church.  It was an amazing afternoon, pretty chilled out as far as kids parties are concerned and the host at the bowling place said at the end that we were the best behaved party she's had..she had never seen children behave so well...!  And then on Sunday we had more gifts given, mothering Sunday and Daniel again joining the children's choir to sing his heart out infront of the whole church. It really was a delight to be a part of, this followed by lunch cooked by my mum and dad ( due to Marc having sinusitis and also a massive rehearsal for a production in the afternoon). Daniel did a great job at being maĆ®tre De and taking our orders, serving us and also entertaining us with various shows. I ended the weekend snuggling my now 5 year old whilst watching a DVD.
How does time go so fast? It delights me how much Daniel has grown and developed yet terrifies me how quickly that process has happened.
This weekend though tyring has yet again made me sit up and be thankful for the amazing friends and family we have, for all those who have remembered Daniel and taken time to wish him well.

I'm praying now that the next 5 years don't go as fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment