Tuesday 19 August 2014

LOVE

Mark 12:30-31 (NIV)
30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[a] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’[b] There is no commandment greater than these.”

Over the last week the news and social media have  been full of "discussions" about love..mainly relating to same sex relationships. I don't really want to get into a debate about this but wanted to reflect on how sad, upsetting and harmful I have found people's reactions and behaviour; to any other group of people it would be seen as racist.

I have witnessed people being rude, offensive, nasty and down right hurtful to others in the name of their own individual beliefs.
Don't get me wrong I am all for people having their own opinions, own thoughts and speaking their mind, what gets to me is when those opinions begin to impinge on the health and well being of others. There is no need surely for anyone to treat another human being so horrendously.

However we interpret what we believe I believe the Bible says to Love your neighbour as yourself, by doing that we should therefore be polite, respectful and not do things that cause deep hurt in others.

I truly truly love people and am hurt to the core that we can be so judgemental. We only need to switch the tv on to see how much hurt is occurring in the world through unrest in Gaza and Iraq, surely we should be doing everything we can do to bring peace to our world.

The brave and courageous Vicky Beeching shared this image this week and so I feel Billy needs to have the last word...

No comments:

Post a Comment