Monday 29 July 2013

13 years!

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary....13 years ago minus a couple of hours Marc and I had the best day of our lives surrounded by wonderful family and friends, 13 years ago we made a massive step into a whole new realm of committmnet, 13 years ago who knew where we would end up!

I have to say over the last 10 days I have done quite a few weddings, I have tried, in the talk, to give some pearls of wisdom and advice on what it takes to make a successful marriage.
However statstics now say that the 7 year itch has been reduced to 4 years, fewer people are getting married and it is so quick to get a divorce now its scary and saddening.

I cant say the last 13 years have been a breeze...I am not the easiest person to live with at times and have had my moments but Marc is an amazingly loving and forgiving soul who I just would not have survived without.

As I sit back and reflect about the huge journey we have been on, the great ups and the terrible downs I can hear him and Dan playing in the garden happily and its music to my soul.

I first met Marc when I was just 18 years old and am so grateful that I was guided to ST Martin's Lancaster because one slight different choice and we may never have met.

Thank you Marc for the journey so far...here's to many more years of adventures!!!

For those who are just embarking on their journey I pray that it is as much a blessing as we have received...marriage is a great institution!


No comments:

Post a Comment