Thursday 15 November 2012

Phillipians 4:13

 
Back to school
 
This week has been really really busy, even more busy than usual!. It has been a time to reflect  a time to remember and I have felt like I have returned to school as have had 3 different teaching engagements on 3 consecutive week days.
 
 
This week I have had the pleasure and the joy of teaching the air cadets, a group of lay people exploring how to develop mission in thier local areas and training people about the inherited church models as part of their first module on the road of them becoming authorised memebrs of the Church of England.
 
3 very different groups of people, 3 very different experiences, 3 very different blessing.
 
I discovered this week 3 things:
 
1) I absolutely love teaching..it has been a while since I did any large amount of teaching more than the odd training session, doing these 3 in a row has been a real honour.
 
2) There are so many people, young and older who have so many questions, ideas, thoughts and views that create a kalaedascope of engagement.
 
 
3) I am soooo tired and as well as these 3 teaching engagements I have also had a funeral visit, pastoral visit, meetings and 2 sermons to prepare...however, despite the business of my life this week I have survived and learnt so much and only by the grace of God and his strength...
 
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13
 
 
Every day I wake up and look forward to whatever lies ahead.....that is often unknown...and every day I go to bed surprised by how I have been chosen to do such a wonderful job...I just need to remember it when I am feeling shattered!
 
Our transformed Cross using white and red poppies this Rememberance Sunday
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment